Capitalized terms not defined herein have the meanings given to them in the Terms of Service.
SECTION 1 – THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND/OR RECEIVE.
In the course of operating the Website and Services, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- Personal Information. When you register for the Website or purchase Products, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number (collectively, “Personal Information”). In addition, if you have an account on the Website, in order for us to help you customize your recipe selection, you will be asked to provide us with Personal Information about your health and wellness, including but not limited to, your age, weight, height, gender, diet, and lifestyle. We do not collect any Personal Information from you unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily.
- Other Information. In addition to the Personal Information and the Billing Information, we may collect or receive additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
From Your Activity. In order to provide you certain features and functionalities of the Website, and in an ongoing effort to improve our Website, we automatically collect certain information when you use the Website, and integrate it with your other devices and services. Such information may include, without limitation:
- IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on the Website, what sections of the Website you visit, etc.;
- information about a mobile device, including universally unique ID (“UUID”), platform type and version (e.g., iOS or Android), carrier and country location, hardware and processor information, and network type; and
- activity and usage information occurring via the Website, including, without limitation, information about past purchases and product/service preferences.
- From Cookies. We collect information using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit to our Website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Website. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Website may not function properly. Below is a list of cookies that we use:
_Session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_Shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_Shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, stores information about the contents of your cart.
_Secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
- Third-Party Analytics and Remarketing.
- For Google Adwords, you can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page at https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
SECTION 2 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
You authorize us to use your Personal Information, Billing Information, and Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide the Website, and to improve the same; to process transactions; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our promotional partners. You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below:
- We may, from time to time, share and/or license Information with or to other companies, who may provide you information about the products and services they or their partners offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- We will access, use, and share the Information as required to fulfill our obligations to you, provide you with support, and to address your questions or requests regarding our Website.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing customer service, billing, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our customers and our Website, we may analyze certain Information in anonymized and/or aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website, our Products, and our Services. This anonymous information does not identify you personally. We may use this anonymous information, and share and/or license it with and to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose anonymous user statistics in order to describe our Website and business to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our business or others.
If we intend on using your Information in any manner that is not consistent with this Section, you will be informed of such anticipated use prior to or at the time at which the Information is collected.
SECTION 3 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our Products and Services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 4 - THE INFORMATION COLLECTED BY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING COMPANIES.
SECTION 5 - SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH NON-AFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES.
We will not share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use such information to market to you, without obtaining your opt-in consent. For example, we may offer you a product opportunity that requires us to share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use such information to market to you. We will obtain your opt-in consent to such sharing of your Personal Information when we present you with the terms of such offer. If you have opted-in for this kind of sharing, then you may choose to opt-out of such sharing, or request certain information regarding our disclosure of such Personal Information to such non-affiliated third parties, by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you would like to opt-out of our sharing of your Personal Information with our affiliates so that such affiliates can use your Personal Information to market to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECTION 6 - HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Personal Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet.
SECTION 7 - ACCESSING AND MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES.
If you have an account on the Website, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information by following the instructions found on the Website. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any marketing email from us. Registered users cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their Website account unless otherwise provided on the email. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases.
SECTION 8 - IMPORTANT NOTICES TO NON-U.S. RESIDENTS.
The servers used in connection with the operation and use of the Website are operated in the United States and elsewhere. Please be aware that your Information, including your Personal Information and Billing Information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Website, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
SECTION 9 - CHILDREN.
SECTION 10 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies, so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and we encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 11 - CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have established business relationship with Namawell, LLC may choose to opt out of our sharing their personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at:
2975 Red Hill Ave., Suite 100,
Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA
In addition, Namawell, does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at
[Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer]
2975 Red Hill Ave., Suite 100,
Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA